Thursday, June 18, 2009

First cake for pay

First off, sorry these pictures are so yellow, my good camera is sadly broken and so I am having to use a less than great camera and for what ever reason I got yellow pictures last night.

This cake is my first cake I made and charged for. (other than last year a friend insisted on paying me and since I refused she bought us a fan so we wouldn't be so hot) A little more stress cuz when I do them for free I think, well if they don't like it, thats ok, cuz it was free. I think it turned out good and she said she really liked it. It was for a 2 year old girl's birthday party. I did have some drama with it though. During the night the head fell off and was not in good enough shape to just put it back on. So after the kids left in the morning I had to make it again, but out of only fondant. But they said it arrived to the party all together so in the end it worked out.









6 comments:

periwinkle4 said...

so stinkin cute! What a fun ducky cake! love it!

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

That cake is to cute to eat!!! Good job!!! And tho it is less stress to do it for free true... you do it well enough that you should charge for it... even if you tell them, to just make a donation to your perpetual cake fund.. =) hugs!

Abigail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abigail said...

I love the little duck on the side Holly. This cake is very cute.

Michelle said...

Oh that is so adorable. You did a wonderful job!!!! Minus the head falling off... lol..., but hey head... I mean... no harm done. Sounds like they were very pleased, and you probably have a repeat customer!!

Michelle said...

ohh the ducky is sooo cute. great job!