Sunday, May 16, 2010

Owen's 5th birthday


I know the above picture is blurry, but I had to add it. Chris got Owen that cowboy hat for his birthday and he LOVES it. Owen is all about cowboys. He also got some transformers from us during his family party.

On April 8th Owen had his 5th birthday. On that day we just got a transformer cake from Dairy Queen (he picked it out) and had a little family party. Chris also took him out for supper. We also started the day off with a special birthday breakfast.

I decided that I might be brave enough to finally do a friend party for Owen. So about 2 weeks after his birthday day, we had all the kids from his primary class come over for a party. All 7 kids he invited came. Owen was so excited! All the kids were very well behaved and we had no problems and everyone had a lot of fun. Owen absolutely loved opening so many gifts. And each gift he enjoyed thoroughly and many times said " I don't believe it!" and was so excited!!! We did some crafts. Each kids colored a wooden letter, the first letter in their name and I made little books out of 12X12 cardstock and they got to color and put stickers on them and make their own books. I didn't plan any games, because I figured they would all just love to hang out and not have the organization of games and that's what happened. The kids don't see each other much out of church, so I think it was really neat for them to just play instead of having to sit for a lesson together.


Owen and his transformer DQ cake!

Blowing out the candles

Owen's castle cake I made for his friend party. I did get some of him with it and blowing out the candles, but they aren't to be found. Lost on my memory card and must not have transferred over. :(

top

the guards

hahaha excited about something

all the kids eating cake



Little Ezra loves cake!!

searching for presents








1 comment:

Abigail said...

Happy Birthday Owen :)