Friday, November 12, 2010

Living apart for awhile

I am sad to say, Chris moved out on Friday, November 12th. We decided that it might be best for us to live a apart for awhile. We are still working on us, in fact our hopes are that it will be easier to figure things out, not living under the same roof. The day before while he was packing was so hard, and the day he moved was even harder. Chris drove me to his place before he had to go to work so I could see it and he should me around. Lets just say I have been crying a lot. I hope and pray that eventually things will work out. The last week and a half since we had decided he was moving out, we have been getting a long really well and I feel we are friends again. We are going to be dating and finding some common ground and hopefully Chris will move back home in a few months. We never dated before we married, so maybe this is us going backwards a bit. I don't want to give a lot of details as it is pretty much between Chris and I, but I will say this was a decision we both calmly made together and we are both determined to make things work. He lives just on the other side of town. The kids have taken it really well, they are actually pretty excited about dad having his own place and they can go on sleep over there. Chris is around lots and will be around lots. We don't want the kids to suffer in any way as much as we can control. Chris is taking me out for dinner tonite and a movie. I haven't been to the movie theatre in 4 years. crazy I know, but I have reasons ans excuses every time, but decided since Chris asked me out on a date, I figured no excuses, I need to go with him.


1st of three loads taken yesterday. He took another load today. He has lots of stuff. LOL!!



Taking his suitcase, that I snuck in it a small framed picture of me and him kissing at our wedding. wonder if he has found it yet. :)



He has the love seat, I have the couch.

Chris's new living room

kitchen

spare room/ kids room

laundry room

bathroom

Chris's bedroom. hahaha single bed





house from outside. yup he lives in the trailor court.

5 comments:

TheMousirFamily said...

Holly and Chris,
this has to be the hardest thing, we have had our tough times as well for reasons that they are but I think the part we forget so much when we are married is that we take each other for granted, we dont date like we should or always be the friends we need!
Holly if you ever need to talk feel free to email me or message me things are slowly calming down here a bit

Thinking of you and hoping the best for you and your family
Christine

Lynn said...

Hey Holly,

You know I am here and understand completely. You BOTH continue to be in my prayers. Hope you had a really fun date at the movies!

Love ya.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you're going through this tough time. I hope things get better soon and you two can rekindle your marriage.

Lynn said...

Hi Holly,

It's Lynn from Catholic Social Services...I still check your blog occasionally, just to see how you guys are doing and to look at your pictures. The kids are all so grown up!

I'm so sorry to hear about you and Chris, it must be very hard for all of you. I just wanted to tell you that I'll pray for you all. I know you didn't make this decision lightly, and I hope you're able to work things out. Take care.

Ganine said...

I am sorry to hear this. I hope that it works out and that you both find the common ground and peace that you need. Love you