Sunday, October 10, 2010

Calliope's first dentist visit

I took Calliope to the dentist on Thursday October 7th. And not because I am a good mom, but because I totally am sucking at keeping her teeth healthy. Poor girl. I took her in before I have to take everyone else back in November, because her teeth are just so bad. I noticed a cavity a little while ago and just hoped it could wait, but then not too long ago, I noticed more teeth had problems. Her mouth is so bad. I feel like super nasty white trash mom who neglects her kids. I was crying about it all that morning, just thinking of her having to be put to sleep so they can fix her mouth. Now that we moved back down here, I am taking the kids to my cousin Richard Boehme again. He asked they didn't have fluoride in the water up there. I am not sure, but I did notice an increase in teeth problems after we moved and Calliope was born up there. I do no have her in a routine of us brushing her teeth at least every night before bed. And Richard was nice and said to me not to beat myself up about it, I have my hands full and he has seen a lot worse. But still I am sad for her, I should have been better with her teeth.


Calliope was too scared to lay down, so Richard said she could stay sitting. After that she was fine and let him check her teeth.

Cool shades on while the bright light is on.



2 comments:

Lynn said...

I didn't even know Richard was a dentist! That is so cool that he was able to see her teeth.

Eddie Storms said...

Hmm, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Some things happen even though we don't want them to, right? You must've felt great, since you had someone to rely on! It's great that Richard was there to help. He should be helping you all the way, until Calliope's teeth have gotten better. You should regularly maintain those from then on.

--Eddie Storms