Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We made it

Well we made it to moms safely. It took us just over 7 hours. So really long drive, especially for the little ones. The roads had areas where snow had been blown on it, and then it was wet and semis would splash us so bad I could barely see. We stopped in Red Deer so I could clean the windshield. So we did that, everyone had a bathroom break, then the van wouldn't start. I had to ask someone to give us a boost. So out of my comfort zone and I felt like it was such a horrible thing, but int he end it wasn't and we were on our way 40 minutes later. Chris had left the van door open the night before so we boosted the van that morning and ran it for about 2 hours or more. Then it had been shut off for an hour and a half. When it was time to go the van started no problem, then we drove for 2 hours. So I am not exactly sure why the battery failed, as I haven't had any problems since, but there must have been a reason why we needed to be delayed 40 minutes. About 10 minutes after we set of again, the highway was closed and we had to take a detour. So I am thinking since that part of the road was so bad they had to close it, and if I didn't have the 40 minutes delay, we would have been on that stretch. It had only been shut down about 10 minutes or so when we go there. Also I never had a problem seeing out my windshield after that either. Normally I never would have stopped in Red Deer, as we like to go a lot further before we take a rest break. But that's what happened, and I guess we will never know. I took a picture of one of the wheels in Red Deer. It is pretty cool with the ice. There were vehicles that had so much slush build up (and it would instantly freeze) that it went right down to the road from the bottom of their cars. It was cool to see. At our second stop I had to smash off all the build up because when I turned I could hear the wheels scrapping on the ice. yikes!!! Anyways, here are a couple pictures of the tire.










No comments: