Sunday, June 1, 2008

The big cut

Oh man, I must admit cutting my hair was super super scary for me. I have had long long hair for years. I think it has been about 9 years since I had my hair short, and that didn't last very long and before that cut I had long hair for years and years before. I have to confess, I used my hair to hide. I figured if I did it nice, then people would see the hair and maybe not my fatness or something crazy mental like that. But the time has come and I needed/wanted a change. So I took a deep breath and sat in the chair and my visiting teacher Sheila gave me a cut. It was very nerve racking at first. But in the end I love the cut. It is taking some getting used to though. Like this morning while washing my hair I used WAY to much shampoo and it was so weird washing my hair. It felt like I had almost no hair. Chris is getting used to it too. All my kids love it and all my girls want their hair cut the same way, but I told them it would be too weird if we all had the same hair cut. At church today you could hear screaming several times as people realized I cut my hair. Everyone seemed to absolutely love it and told me how great it looks and that it really suits me, so hopefully they weren't lying. hehehe

So here it is, no more hiding behind my hair. I must admit it is great to be able to do my hair quickly.



Here is the before, just so you can see the length.


And now the after...... side


Front....... I really am happy, I had just recently woken up from a much needed Sunday nap. Naps are few and far between for me, so it was a nice treat!!!!




And the back!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Holly, I love the cut!

Becca said...

I cut my hair the exact same way about two weeks ago, and I love it too. Yours is really, really cute Holly. You look great =)

Cindy said...

Wow, Holly! That is a big change but it does look fantastic!

Michelle said...

It looks really great!!! I bet that was hard to do, but it will be so much nicer for the summer especially!