Monday, August 25, 2008

Ward campout 2008

Well, it has been years since we have been camping. And I sadly have to admit that most my children have never gone. So we decided the ward camp out was the perfect place to start. And it was so fun. Chris and I had brought so much food that we were able to feed so many to her in our ward and it was so fun sitting, eating and visiting with everyone. We were able to get to know some members of our ward even better, and hopefully everyone doesn't think we are the crazy family with 10 kids. We decided next time we are camping for way longer, because it is just too much work packing, setting up, taking down and unpacking for just one night. I have heard rumors of the ward doing another camp out next year and I can't wait. We are also planning a few family camping trips next year and so our tradition of camping is now started!!! WOOHOO!!!!






















hmmm funny how I only thought to take pictures during eating times. The roasting of marshmallows is fun, but I must admit a bit stressful for me as sticky gets everywhere. I am going to have to brainstorm for next summer on a way for the kids to not get so sticky, if that is possible. hehehe

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, Holly, You've gotta know by now that you ARE that crazy family with 10 kids,LOL!! But don't worry, it won't last long. Next year you'll be that crazy family with 11 kids! Seriously though, it takes a great woman to raise that many kids as well as you do! We havent taken the camping venture with our kids yet. Haven't had the guts. I applaud you for doing it with 10!

Unknown said...

oh, and the fact that you took 10 kids camping while pregnant makes it even more crazy....I mean awesome.

Cookie said...

Those are great pics! I kinda agree that taking 10 kids anywhere does take a bit of crazy ;) And I'm sooo not a happy camper. So I can just pretend I'm there by reading your blog ;)

BTW, I found you through Chantal's blog :)