Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today it's your birthday!

Well actually it is my birthday today!! I am 32 I had a pretty good day. Chris took the day off work so I could have a more laid back day. The kids got me some funny gifts, and we had carrot cake that I made. Chris and I just got take out for lunch since the older kids had scouts and activity days, so there was not time to go out this evening. I usually do not get pictures taken of me hardly ever and especially have not so many of my birthdays since I have become an adult. But this year, even though I am not looking so gorgeous, made sure to get some. I really need to remember to get in pictures more, even though I hate it.


the flowers are from Chris. Daisy and Zipporah each got me a snowman, Abigail got me the elephant picture holder, Lynnette got me the four small candles and Forrest got me the jar thingy. The cake books were my gift I ordered for myself. HAHAHA!!!


the beautious cake I made. three candles for the tens and 2 candles for the ones as Forrest pointed out. So that makes 32. Zipporah had a really hard time understanding how 3 candles plus 2 candles makes 32 hehehe

Blowing out the candles.

me and all the kids!!!

At 8pm there was a ring at the door. It was some of our friends from Mexico. Antonio and his wife Lapita, and Gabby and her son Brandon. Lapita and Gabby made me this cake. They laughed a bit that they did it quick and they cooked and got it decorated in 1 hour. Very nice of them. We had limited conversation until Chris got home 20 minutes later with the kids. I really really wish I could speak Spanish. I think it will be my goal for 2009.

Gabby, me, Lupita

6 comments:

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

WHat happy bday pictures!! You look great and sounds like you had a good bday!! Hugs to you!

Abigail said...

Happy Birthday :) I'm glad someone made you a cake - you are always making such wonderful cakes for others.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

P.S. what a brave friend to make you a cake. I would be very intimidated doing that!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday..even though I am totally late!! I have been busy and am trying to catch up!! Sounds like you had a great day! I love it when kids pick out gifts!!!

Ganine said...

Sounds like you had a great day Holly!! I love the picture with you and all your kids!!