Friday, April 10, 2009

Owen's 4th birthday

On April 8th Owen turned 4. He was so excited that it was finally his birthday. The last few birthday's were a bit hard for him to sit through someone else getting all the gifts. But his day finally came. We just had a family celebration. Owen had accidentally happened upon a couple of his gifts early so he new a couple of his gifts. So for a few days he kept talking about his the thing costume and stuff.


For his birthday dinner he wanted macaroni and cheese. Nice and easy and not top pricey, just what I like. Though I hate mac and cheese, the kids love it. After dinner we had cake. Chris had an idea to make a 3D Aku cake. Aku is the bad guy from Samurai Jack. It ended up taking longer than I thought to make. I bit harder too. If I had to make Aku again, it would be a lot easier, and turn out better the second time around that's for sure.




Owen doing his Aku face

Attempt 1 to blow out the candles

attempt 2

attempt 3

finally attempt 4 was a success

Don't ask me how to cut it Chris, just cut it!





lots of layers.

Samurai Jack dvd

samurai jack game boy game

2 samurai jack figurines

batman costume. I know it doesn't fit with the samurai jack theme, but he loves super hero's and dressing up as them, so I got him a couple more costumes to have fun with

The thing costume (or rock man as Owen calls him)

his Owen gamecube with samurai jack GC game.

5 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Holly your talents never cease to amaze me. You should seriously sell your cakes! That thing looks real. I loved when Owen was blowing out the candles cause Aku looks so annoyed! HA!!! I remember when Owen was born! I can't believe he is 4. Happy birthday little man!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a great cake!!! Looks like Owen had a fantastic party.

periwinkle4 said...

That cake is awesome! You totally rock! I'm sitting here thinking 4 is too big a number for Owen, but I guess it has to be right. Time Flies!

Unknown said...

That cake is amazing!!! And Owen is so cute!

Abigail said...

Happy Late Birthday Owen!
What a cool cake Holly :)