Monday, May 4, 2009

Tate and Felisha's Wedding

Tate is my youngest sibling and the last to get married, so no more weddings for us until our children start getting married. There are 21 grand kids so far BTW. Tate and Felisha's wedding was so nice. I made the cake, so I took the kids down about a week before. I was going to just visit and take it easy for a few days, but then Tate decided it would be a good idea to take some of the cake to Toronto when he went before the wedding, so I baked cakes the night I got there and all the next day. It was crazy, I had to bake the 14 inch cake 3 times. blah!!!! First, it was too soft, then the next layer broke as I was putting it on cooling racks. A 14 X 14 inch cake is pretty big. Finally the third time worked and I got it all done. All the other layers did up really well. So we will see how everything holds up after flying out to Toronto and being frozen. Yup, that means I will be going to Toronto for their reception out there. Felisha is form Toronto. I have never been on an airplane before. So Ezra and me get to experience our first plane ride together. Mom and dad are going too and will be getting on a plane in Calgary and I will be joining that flight in Edmonton, at least that is the plane. Not scared to fly, just worried about where I am to go and what I am to do to get on the plane. I already have a plan to take non drowsy gravel in case I end up like one of my sisters and end up getting sick on planes. It will all be a great adventure. I have never been anywhere really before, so I am excited to go to Toronto. Plus mom and dad are going to take us to Palmyra and stuff. I am nervous about leaving my other kids for so long ( I will be gone a week), and of coarse I always hate being away from Chris. But I am excited to bring the kids back a gift and to hear all the fun that they had with Chris and no mom.
Anyways, here are a few pictures of the bride and groom. I only got one picture of the cake with my camera, after I took it I tried to get a closer up one, but my camera decided not to work and I still haven't been able to get it to work. I think the lens is broken. wahhhhh! It was such a great camera took great pictures and I have never had any problems with it before.





great shoes!





if you look really close you can see the garland type thingy made with beads of icing.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

What a beautiful couple :)
I love the blue. The cake is amazin, Holly.
Enjoy your trip :)

Erin said...

Amazing Holly!