Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Newest Jensen.... Ezra Tate

Due to high blood pressure and protein in my urine, my doctor decided I needed to be induced, infact he said I have no choice. LOL!! Like I would have said no anyways. I was ready to be done with the pains o pregnancy and meet my newest baby. So at 8am Wednesday January 28th, I got a call to go down to the hospital to get induced. Chris and I got there around 9am. I got in a gown, got my blood pressure and all that taken, then they called my doctor. He said he would be there at 10am. So just before 10, they took me to a delivery suite, and there we waited, and waited and waited and waited some more. Finally at 20 to 1, Dr. Kroeker showed up. I was maybe a finger tip dilated but my cervix was really soft, so I had hoped that the induction would take within a couple hours. Well within about 30 minutes, I started to feel some slight contracting and new things were on their way. 2 hours pass with slight contractions not too super close together, but after 2 hours, things really picked up. So after another 30 minutes they take the cervidil out and hook up and IV and start my strep B meds and call for an epidural. I was so worried about missing it, that the nurse made sure I would get it this time. The epidural guy was in my room in less than 5 minutes. It was awesome!! It hurt really really bad getting it, but so nice once it was in. I figured I was in the clear. After that was all taken care of, they check me and I am 3cm and my water is ready to break, but the doctor decided to wait, because the baby was still really high and he was worried about the cord coming down before the baby if he broke my water. So about an hour goes by, Chris leaves to get some supper, no nurses in the room, I feel a bit of pressure, but not too sure. I am starting to feel contractions again, but figure it is fine, it isn't too bad. Then I feel warm liquid, I would have thought I peed myself, only I had a catheter in because of the epidural. Can't find the button to call in a nurse, but luckily one came in a couple minutes later, sure enough my water broke, and I was just laying there leaking water. She checks me I am still at 3. Calls the doctor, he decides to not have supper with is family and come down. He walks in 20 minutes after my water broke, I tell him I can really feel these contractions, which he thought was odd since I had the epidural. He checks me I am at 9. So he says he will go get changed and I should be fully dilated by then. The contractions became extremely painful during the last half hour, I wasn't prepared for it mentally at all, since I had the epidural. So my last three contractions before pushing I was really just crying from the pain and finally I was able to push. I didn't have to push long at all, and then it was over. Ezra Tate Jensen was born at 5:43pm weighting 6lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches long. He has brown hair and of coarse blue eyes, which we will see in the net few months if that blue stays or they turn to brown. Chris and I were laughing yesterday at some of Ezra pictures, because he has this definite line right at the arch of his nose that makes him look so grumpy, but of coarse he is such a mellow, delightful baby. So today I was on a mission to get pictures of a less grumpy looking Ezra. All the kids are so excited to have another brother. He gets lots of hugs and kisses. My mom and dad are up helping out which is so nice, I have been able to get some naps in and just not worry about cleaning or anything too much.

The health nurse came today and Ezra is down 8oz, so about 10% of his birth weight, so they are starting to get concerned, especially since my milk hasn't come in yet. It usually doesn't come in for about 3 days, and with Calliope it took a few more for it to really come in. He is also getting a bit jaundice, so I have to keep an eye on that. And I will be supplementing him with formula until my milk is better established to help with the jaundice and to prevent him losing anymore weight. Which I am fine with, since I have planned on both nursing and using bottles. There is also a concern about my uterus, darn thing just doesn't want to go down. So again I have to keep an eye on things, even though it very well could be because this is my 6th pregnancy, there is also a slight chance it could be refusing to go down because there is some placenta still in.

me right before leaving to leave to the hospital.



getting cleaned up, weighed and measured.

not liking it so much.

still not thinking this is fun hehehe

I love this picture, it is like he has just had enough already

See, super grumpy Ezra. LOL!!!!



finally my turn to get to hold him!!!

me looking so freakin' wasted!!! But I still love this picture.

Calliope is so in love with Ezra

Owen tells me 10 times a day that Ezra loves him.

Sydney

Zipporah

Abigail

Lynnette

Daisy

Forrest

Big YAWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

chillin'

getting ready to go home

super cutie!!

snoozing with daddy













9 comments:

Becky said...

Holly he is so dang cute!!Congrats!! My favorite is the one you said that he looks like he has had enough. He really does look so mad, it is adorable!

Michelle said...

Holly,once again congratulations! I'm glad Ezra arrived safe and sound and you are starting to feel better.

Unknown said...

I only had an epidural with one of my 3 and I hated it! My body,legs included right to my toes were numb until the contractions started getting strong..and then I could feel everything!!! It was awful because my legs were paralyzed for a day after so I couldn't walk, and then my bladder was paralyzed for a week after,which was awful because i couldn't pee!! But I refused to let them put the catheter back in because the darn thing was sooooo uncomfortable!!! So basically for that week I only peed when my bladder was litterally overflowing! I am ani epidural now. I will never do it again. My experience with the 2 going all natural was so much better for me! Even though it HURT!!!! You little guy is so cute,I'm glad he arrived healthy and boy, I can imagine all his sisters and brothers loving on him like there is no tomorrow!! Congratulations!

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

He is beautiful Holly.... Congrats to you and the family on a sweet little addition... =)

periwinkle4 said...

He is such a doll! I love the grumpy faces,they're so funny,and he is soooooo cute! I also love that your other kids love him so much - that is just what makes mommy's hearts happy! Congratulations!

Abigail said...

Congratulations :) Every day my girls would check to see if he had come. :) He is adorable!

Ganine said...

He is a cutie!! Congratulations!! I hope that you get to feeling better!!

Erin said...

He has such a cute grumpy face!!!!

irbuanosraL said...

Oh he's such a little punkin. Congratlations Holly! You did great!!!

I bet you're so glad he's finally here.