Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to school

Well today I got my 6 oldest off to start another school year. I must admit I am not a big fan of sending my kids to school every day all day long and as this is the first day I am a bit of a nervous wreck. I forgot to have a talk with Forrest about how to handle the mean kids. Poor boy just has had more than his share of boys being mean to him. And when I took the older girls to their classrooms, which are by Forrests class, he came out and told me he was all unpacked, he looked a bit worried/sad. I gave him a quick hug and told him to have a great day and that I would see him after school.

I was going to talk to Sydney's worker, the school is supposed to provide her with a worker because she is autistic. I wanted to introduce her to Sydney and let Sydney know this is who she can go to if she need help of feels frustrated or lost, but there is no one there for her yet. What the HECK!!!???? They freakin made a big deal about it last year long before school was out, you think they would have someone lined up for her for the first day. She is high functioning, but I could already tell when I dropped her off that she was off today. Apparently there is going to be someone in the class today, but not who they are going to hire. Ummm that is even worse. fetch. I am feel a bit of ownership with the worker, as it is because of my daughter that the class has the full time worker, she is supposed to be there full time for SYDNEY, but they told me not to worry because if Sydney doesn't need her she can help out with the rest of the class. But I don't care about that, that worker is there only because of Sydney and Sydney better get the attention she needs. It is her and Zipporahs first day of grade one and that has me a bit nervous as well. I know Zipporah will adjust well, but I hope all day every day is not too hard on her. I really worry about teachers being too hard on kids. We have had some not so great teachers in the past and it really makes for a tough year. I hope her teacher is nice. Daisy, Lynnette and Abigail all have teachers that we know and really like, so I am sure they will do really well.

All the kids were a bit nervous and unsure. I hope they all have a good day.

Chris is going to give everyone back to school blessing tonite, we forgot to do them last night. Maybe I need a 'mom needs to keep low stress while pregnant and the kids are back to school' blessing. I can't wait until school is out!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, I know how you feel about the inclass helper situation! Megan needed an assistant in kindergarten but didn't get one until may when the year was almost over. Luckily the assistant followed her to the next couple of grades so we didn't have to go through the whole process again. Your kids look adorable, I like the ones of them showing off their backpacks! Thats a great idea! You are such a great mom.oh, hey, cherilea is catching up to you...she's over half way there with 6 now,LOL!!!