Saturday, September 13, 2008

Zipporah and Sydney's friend Birthday Party

I am a big fan of birthdays. I love how whenever one of my children have a birthday it is a day just for them and Chris and I have this amazing opportunity to make them feel special and an important member of our family. They get a meal out with mom or dad (sometimes lunch, sometimes supper) I always make them a special cake that they get to pick what they want. of coarse some gifts just for them. They also get to pick what we get to eat as a family for dinner. Now as much as I love when their birthdays come around, I do not like throwing parties for their friends to come to. I do this, despite how much as I dread it, because I love them and it is exciting for kids to have their friends over and have a big party. Sydney and Zipporah are three weeks apart, so they have always gotten a special cake on their actual birthday and a family celebration, but I combine their party with friends day. I think this year is the last year I will be doing that, as they seem to need their own. So I make them each another cake just for the party, got everything planned and we had a party today. Only a few girls were able to come, but I prefer to just have a few. They all had so much fun and there was lots of talks with their moms about having play dates and stuff. It is a neat time when they start calling their friends and friends become more than just people they see mostly at school. All the girls were so excited about calling each other. I am so glad the party is over and I won't have to do another one for awhile. Usually 8 years old is the last party, after that they get a lump some of money to buy their own gifts, or they can have a friend party, but they have to do all the games, decorating and entertaining, I provide the cake and the food and that's it. I am feeling extra wasted after today's party, probably just because of the pregnancy, but tired none the less. I am laughing that my hands as sore from decorating 2 cakes last night. But I insist on my girls having their own cakes made my mom on their party day, so serves me right. We had a butterfly party, and I decided on doing a caterpillar cake because caterpillars turn into butterfly's and it is nice to have 2 different cakes. I had all these butterfly crafts ready, but after the crowns, the girls just wanted to play. I think Zipporah and Sydney had a great party!


singing happy birthday

blowing out the candles

Zipporah helping Sydney, poor Syd, she can't seem to blow out candles. hehehe


Zipporah and her butterfly cake

Sydney and her caterpillar cake







birthday party crew

eating cake, they all wanted huge pieces, but only ate a very little, but since we had so much cake, that was no problem at all.

lunch time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your such a great mom,Holly! looks like the girls had fun! Cute cake by the way!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

What a fun party! The cakes are wonderful!! You are amazing!

irbuanosraL said...

So dang cute.