Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chris and Holly trip to Edmonton

Chris and I had planned a trip to Edmonton before we split up. The plan was to go so we could be alone together and connect again I guess. We decided that the reason was still legit so we arranged childcare and took off for the weekend. My brother Tate and his wife Felisha and their super cute baby Khyrum came and stayed at my house with the kids the whole weekend.



On the way up, we decided, since there was no kids with us, to finally stop at the Candy Store in Nanton. Chris loves candy and is almost a candy conosur. So he was in heaven! It was fun.



Chris and I both love Winners. So we decided to stop at as many Winners as we could. We stopped in one in Calgary and one in Red Deer on the way up, both successful!! While in Edmonton we hit three more, again success at everyone one. And on the way home we stopped at one in Calgary. There is a picture below of our car stuffed with awesomeness from Winners!!!!



Our first night up, Chris went and visited a friend and I went out for supper with my friends Marissa and Kim. It was nice to go out and be with friends. I haven't done it since just before moving down here. I really have no friends here yet, which I find strange, since I know so many people. I guess I haven't really clicked with anyone here yet. Anyways, we ate at Olive Garden and it was so yummy!!!! Good food and good friends, very much needed. That night we slept at Marissa's in Stony Plain, and headed to Edmonton to do some shopping in the morning. We stopped and ate at Red Lobster and had a super yummy lunch! I even ate a mussel and it wasn't even that bad. My first and only until that day, was a not so good experience for me. I guess cooked right, they aren't so bad. We did lots of shopping, then stopped at our favorite Japanese food place on Whyte Ave and had soft shell crab, tempura shrimp, spring rolls, sushi and Chris had a giant spiced Oyster, which he LOVED!!!! That evening we went and had wings with out friends Kim and Kevin. Wings always seem better when we are eating them with Kim and Kevin. Then we decided to spend our night in a hotel just so we could be totally just us. And it was nice. A small room and we were super tired, but I just love to stay in hotels for some weird reason, so it was exciting. Next time, if there is a next time, we will stay in a hotel the whole time.



We were going to go to the Edmonton Pro Coro, the next day, but decided since the weather wasn't great, that driving during the day was a better option, so we left for home that morning. We had a nice drive down, a really nice weekend all together. We planned to have a weekend of shopping and good food and that's what we did and had a great time being together.



We had talked about a trip just to Calgary to hit ALL the Winners there. We will see if that will happen, but if it does it will be mighty fun!




picking out candy in Nanton

I posted this picture, cuz it is so cool how it turned out, everything blurry but the candy rack!

Chris gathering more candy

me and Chris in the candy store

all the candy

candy again

on our way into another Winners!

Our extremely full car after our 5th Winners

In the car

shrimp and spring rolls

soft shell crab..... so so so good!

sushi. And I must say, I haven't ever liked sushi, but I keep trying it from time to time and really have wanted to like it so I could enjoy it with Chris, who Loves sushi. This time I tried it and it wasn't too bad so I had 2 pieces. They say you can train your taste buds, so I guess after years of casual trying sushi my taste buds are starting to not mind it so much. hahaha

happy eating really good food

proof I ate sushi

eating sushi

yummmmm soft shell crab!

this is Chris's oyster



digging in



Very pleased with the oyster

outside the Japanese restaurant

our hotel room

very small, but still fun



oh and this is so cool. It is a completely round rainbow. I kid you not and rainbow around the sun. It was so pretty and you could even see all the colors of the rainbow, I wish the pictures could have really shown how awesome this was. We spotted this on our drive home.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

That is one AWESOME weekend get away. Sure wish we had done that more when the kids were little....okay, who am I kidding......sure wish we had done that more when they were older too. LOL!

I had to chuckle when you were talking about the Sushi....you will have to wait and see why when you read my Christmas post.......when I finally get it done. ; D

goldman singgih said...

waawwww