Friday, December 31, 2010

Ezra's 1st hair cut, Winter Solstice & Ginger bread decorating!

Ezra finally had enough hair to get a hair cut. So December 18th, my sister brought her hair cutting supplies with her into Raymond and Ezzy got a hair cut. He wasn't too happy, but we did manage to get through it and now he looks not like my baby anymore. He is a big kid now!!!


before

during.... and not very happy

getting through it!



so wasted from being so upset

looks so good. Sorry I don't have a front view


And now for Winter Solstice. With the stresses in our lives right now, I really wasn't sure if celebrating Winter Solstice this year was going to happen. Chris insisted we needed it more than we ever did. So the kids got to stay up REALLY late, because Chris didn't get off work until 930pm. So we ate finger food and while we waited for Chris, the kids all sang songs which I video taped. It was pretty funny!!! You will just have to believe me since i have no idea how to get a video on this thing. I usually make gifts for them, but this year, there was no time. But we were fortunate enough to have a FHE group of empty nesters bring us gifts and food to help with Christmas, plus there was a homemade blanket for each of us. So I wrapped the blankets and we used those for our WS gifts. Also I let them open their pj's that Grandma Jensen bought them. So we didn't do anything super amazing, but it was a fun night and the kids enjoyed it and we were able to keep our tradition for another year.















Aren't the blankets so awesome!!!!!!?? Chris and I
got one too, but I forgot to picture them.

And now for the pajamas from Grandma Jensen
Ezra

Calliope

Owen

Sydney

Zipporah

Abigail

Lynnette

Forrest



A couple ladies from our ward called and said they wanted to decorate ginger bread houses, but had no kids to do it with, so could they borrow mine. haha They asked if they could come over and bring all the stuff and decorate houses with the kids. I said sure! And it was fun. All the kids had fun! They brought the graham cracker houses already built and the kids just had to decorate them. Phoebe and Shelly, they are fun ladies! I truly appreciate them doing that with us.



Getting ready. Notice Ezra..... LOL!!!

Forrest



Daisy



Lynnette



Abigail



Zipporah



Sydney



Owen



Calliope



Ezra

Everyone with Pheobe and Shelly helping out!

2 comments:

Lucille29 said...

wow..
very nice..
it a happy family..
i want decorate a bread..

Skagway Sportfishing Charter
Alaska Fishing Charters - Salmon - Halibut
Alaska Fishing
Austin DWI Lawyer

Lynn said...

Okay, now how did I miss this post?!!!

Been missing you. Hope things are going okay.