Sunday, October 26, 2008

Daisy's 11th birthday

WOW!!! Daisy is 11. My children are getting older way to fast. I will tell you, 11 years ago I didn't know Daisy. In fact in my own little world, it was me, Chris and our 5 month old son Forrest. Who would have thought that we would be lead to her and she would be ours? 11 years ago, I wasn't thinking about adoption, or even fostering for that matter. She joined our family when she was 4 1/2, along with her sister who was 3 1/2. We fell in love instantly and I am so greatful things worked out for Daisy to be one of ours. It is so amazing to see how Heavenly Father guided us through events that brought her to our home.

For her birthday she had her friend Morgan sleep over on Friday. Saturday I took them in to Edmonton so Daisy could spend all her birthday money. She bought a ds and a couple games. And then I got her a stuffed animal she can go on the internet with. Then we went for lunch at Swiss Chalet. so yummy!!!
Today we had her pick for dinner, scalloped potatoes and ham, and then cake and ice cream. And I did buy her a rescue e-pet so that she could have something to open on her birthday. The cake is her pick, and I love the little penguins, they turned out really nice.











Daisy and her gifts.
Daisy and her friend Morgan at Swiss Chalet






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Daisy is a beautiful girl!! And that cake is too cute for words!!! And by the way, I tagged you.
haha.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

That cake is so cute!! So Holly I think you should post a cake decorating 101 class on your blog! I would love to learn a few things! Happy birthday Daisy!!

Sarah (: said...

That's a gorgeous cake Holly!
My mom is right, you do make amazing cakes!
<3