Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forrest is 12

I almost forgot to post about Forrest's birthday.

For Forrests birthday we bought him guitar hero for the ds and I also got him a mini guitar case that is actually a case for his ds and holds his game and the hand piece for GH. It also came with a little pick so he can strum on the ds with, pretty neat. With his money he got for not having a party and money from grandparents, he bought 4 books (loves to read like his dad) and 3 ds games. I will take a picture of him with all that stuff and add it later.

This is the story behind the cake. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he wasn't sure. So I told Forrest to look through my cake books and see if there was any in them that he would like. So after going through them he had two he really wanted. The first choice was a diaper cake. I said ummmm no. Then he said ok, how about this keg a beer cake. It is a big keg of beer with two little drunk men by the spout, again........NO! Then he thought about it for awhile and said, well then can you make me a cake of me, a cake of my face. I took a deep breath and said "I can try, but it probably won't look much like you." SO this is the end result. Kinda funny, not too bad, but still kinda funny. hahaha


comparison shot





all different angles of the cake





For the hair I rolled fondant cut into little strips then rolled each strip and put each piece on the cake. Took a bit of work, but worth it.

2 comments:

periwinkle4 said...

I still think the cake is awesome. Hope he loves being 12!

Abigail said...

That is such a cute cake. It looks too good to eat. Those curls are amazing! You are so amazing - Holly!