Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BAPTISM DAY X2

On Saturday, September 11th, both Zipporah and Sydney were baptised. I am so proud of them. This summer they have become amazing friends. Their birthdays are just three weeks apart. This summer, one day, they were both complaining of having no one to play with, we had just recently moved to Raymond, from Stony Plain and they new very little people. So I took the opportunity to explain to them how lucky they were to always have a friend near by to hang out with. That they were very lucky to be so close in age, cuz that meant they have a always friend. And that they are even more lucky, cuz they already share a room with that friend and are sisters closer in age than most. They took to that like nothing else and have been buds ever since.
They were so lucky also, to be able to share a baptism day. I made the dresses they were baptized in and bought dresses for after. I finished their dresses, pretty much as they were walking out the door. It was a busy morning of food prep for the lunch afterwards and making sure the get their dresses done.
The day was very nice. My dad was able to baptise and confirm both the girls. My sister Tisha gave the baptism talk and Grandma Peggy Jensen gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, both were great and did amazing jobs. I was even able to get both girls changed just as my dad was walking out too. I told the bishop I was going to get them changed fast and I did, and he even commented on that. hahaha



The girls with my dad in their baptism dresses. I can't believe I didn't get pictures of each of them alone, sheesh!! But anyways, I made matching dresses for the girls with the only difference being the ribbon used for the bows on the bottom part of the dress and used different material for the tops.

Sydney and Grandpa


Zipporah and Grandpa

Chris and I with the girls

Chris and I with Sydney

Chris and I with Zipporah

All the family

Zipporah and Sydney with their good friend Rees, who is also our next door neighbour.

the girls hair. These pictures of their after baptism dresses were taken the next day before church. I had forgotten to take them the day before. My dad is in the ward before us and we even say them leaving as we were coming to church, but my dad showed up as we were taking these so he got in a few as well!!! So happy for that!

best friends

Zipporah



Sydney



This is my favorite picture. I am going to blow it up and frame it for each of the girls, as well as my dad.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I agree about framing the picture. That is priceless.

And you my lady are one talented girl! The baptism dresses you sewed are gorgeous.

Holly Jo said...

Thanks Lynn, it is actually one of my "don't look too close" talents. hahaha I have a lot of those!!!

Amy said...

That IS a great photo.
Good job on their dresses and hair. I'm sure it was a beautiful baptism. I'm so glad for you that the girls are friends and not fighting as my sister and I did (year and 3 days apart).
You and Chris are stinkers, you two need to smile for photos haha!!