Friday, September 17, 2010

Chris' 36th birthday


36 candles is A LOT!!!!

Since the kids were at my parents (cuz of the move) on May 29th, Chris' birthday, we decided to celebrate the following week at our new home in Raymond. Chris isn't a cake fan, so I made an ice cream cake. I got the idea from the blog here. I actually saw the big cake roll at the Merc, our local grocery store and decided to use that instead of the swiss rolls. It was yummy! Everyone loved it, and next time I am going to try it with my angel food cake roll, that will be heaven!!!


the cake

the cake with a wedge cut out

slice of cake

opening presents. The girl in the pink shirt beside Chris is my niece Asia.

Chris loves coconut








He got a gift from each child. So 9 presents ain't so bad!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey! I am going to have to try out that cake. Dean isn't a cake fan either! I never can get him to eat cake. Ice cream? Well he's all over that one. ; D