Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No job

I got a call this morning, they decided to go with someone who has "in school" experience. blah!! I lose a cooking job to someone with no cooking experience. Jim Ralph, the RHS principle, said he really wanted to hire me. My resume was very impressive as well as my work history etc., and he said I did really well in the interview and he even commented on having the right personality for the job and stuff, so I was successful at portraying who I am in that interview, which is nice. He offered some advice to go and get on the EA (education assistant) sub list. That way I get that in school experience I guess and then the board can't pass me up next time. Jim said that if I decide to go that route, to let him know when I am on the list, and I will be the first one they call. Sometimes it might not be in the foods class, but that's ok. I am wondering if he thinks I was the one who could help them really get their vision of what they want the program to be, but the board had final say. They would have had to pay me more too, cuz I am certified! grrr to school politics.
So I decided to start that process and I may return to school. The Lethbridge College offers all their coarse through distant learning so it makes it more doable for me. It is nice to know I did everything right, and didn't loose the job because I sucked at the interview or something like that. So frustrating cuz the job would have been perfect, both in when I worked and the type of job. I am going to let them know that I am willing to volunteer to help with banquets and I will even volunteer my time to go into the class room and show the kids some hands on learning so they don't have to watch as many youtube videos. I may just have to force my way into that position!! hahaha

I am still trying to figure out my next steps but EA sub and College are looking like a good option.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Awww........that is too bad. Seriously! I agree with you on the politics of it all! They truly don't know what they are missing out on.

But have faith. I truly believe everything is for a reason. The Lord knows what he is doing. I would look at it this way......

That job offer was amazing. The Lord didn't want me to have it because there is something even BETTER! Wow. Must be something REALLY good coming along. Insert happy dance here. (Okay I tried.)

But I truly LOVE your attitude about the whole thing. Rather than lay down and die........you've got a whole plan worked out already. You rock! I know you will do great things. Look forward to the updates!