Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ezra's toe meets can of 6 bean mix

Ezra likes to open my pantry and play with the food. September 17th was no different. Only this time a nice big can on six bean mix, landed on his toe and cut open the skin on his big toe. It was horrible. He screamed and screamed and screamed and for awhile there was little I could do to console him. Makes me so sad. I can't even imagine how much that must have hurt him and am floored that the can didn't break his toe as well.


first of this is the can it is a 540ml can. yikes! and just to compare a can of campbells mushroom soup is 284 ml

Ezra's painful toe!



when I put him to bed that night and saw his toe again, I thought that maybe I should have taken him in for stitches.

:(



daddy comforting Ezra

We gave Ezra tylenol and he sat on my lap for a long long time and wouldn't give up the bottle of tylenol, after awhile he started sucking on it, for comfort I suppose. poor baby.

this is his toe 3 days later, so healing up nicely, didn't need to take him fo rstitches after all.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh wow! That would really hurt MY toe! Can't imagine how it would feel on his teeny tiny toe. Ouch!